How to brand your Instagram Story Highlights
- What are instagram stories highlights?
- Instagram stories disappear after 24 hours, but you can keep them on your profile for as long as you want by converting it to a ‘highlight’. These sit just below your bio, above your grid.
- Each highlight has a title of 15 characters, but you want to use a max of 8 if you want the title to show without being cut off.
- Instagram uses the start of your story as the cover image, but that doesn’t mean you can’t change it to something more ‘on brand’. It’s a good idea to do this so the highlights ‘pop’ on the page and encourage you to take a further look at the content.
- To design your highlight covers you have so many options: using a logo, bold background, photo… or whatever works best for your brand. The optimum size is 1080 x 1920, same as stories.
Before you can add the covers to your highlights they need to feature in an actual story to make them available to you for edits in highlights.
Once they have been featured in a story, you can then tap the heart icon labeled ‘highlight’ to make them available to you as covers you can add to your highlight containers.
- NB. you can design these inside stories using the type function, if you wish. To do this, open stories and scroll to type - select the font and colours you want to use.
- Keep your text short (8 character to be 100% visible, 15max) and centered on the page.
- Keep it simple - it’s about to get tiny!
- Tap to save to your camera roll.
Check out our Instagram profile to see how to make yours, live in our highlights - of course ;-)
Get a pro audit of your ads account.
Click below to book your free strategy call and see how you could improve your leads & sales.